Sunday, September 10, 2017

Lost and Found

   In the comic strip "Lost and Found", Lynda Barry describes her peculiar process of becoming an author. She describes her past in a funny and wacky way that many people can relate to. You can really see her voice appear when she talks about reading newspapers. She goes into great depth of her thought process as a young reader. Lynda also makes funny pictures to indicate that she is acting out a passage from the newspaper mentally.

   It is interesting to see how different her journey was to become a writer than most people. She never made it into any advanced writing classes. I feel like she found the best way for her to write and get her thought process on the page with simple detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strenghts and Weaknesses

   As a moderately experienced writer, I have come to find my strengths and weaknesses in writing. I have always been decent at getting my p...